Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
This vacancy is subject to the requirements of the Facility Staff Assignment Order (the “SSO”) issued by the Fraser Health’s Medical Health Officer further to the Order issued by the Provincial Health Officer on April 10, 2020 (amended April 15, 2020) (the “PHO Order”).
Effective October 26th, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Are you looking for a place to showcase your clinical nursing expertise? Do you take responsibility for your own performance and seek to model integrity, resilience and confidence? Do you have a passion for building an engaging environment that challenges others to achieve their goals? If you answered yes, then we want you to keep reading!
As a CNS, you will provide system level leadership to guide planning, developing and ongoing quality improvement of clinical supports and services with a focus on primary care services and team based care. To complement the team, we are seeking a CNS with an innovation mindset, clinical knowledge, experience in interprofessional practice and passion.
Be part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary team of providers, dedicated to quality service and care as you:
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have:
Take the next step and apply. Then we can continue the conversation and explore you joining our team to provide the best possible care to the patients we serve.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strive to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Find out what it’s like to work here. Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram(@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights!
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) supports expert nursing care to patients/residents/clients/families and functions as a clinical leader in a particular specialty area within a designated health service area, regional network and/or designated clinical program as determined/assigned by the Executive Director, Clinical Operations. Provides leadership and focuses on improving client outcomes and quality of care by advancing nursing practice in the area of specialty and through the use of advanced practice and evidence-based practices; provides professional oversight and guidance to clinical nurse educators (CNE) and clinical resource nurses (CRN) related to educational priorities and participates in the evaluation of clinical performance.
1. Exemplifies and promotes excellence in nursing practice in a specialty area through activities such as:
2. Provides consultation to primary care providers, community groups and other service providers in the area of specialty; works collaboratively with Directors, managers, educators and other staff within the designated health services area, regional network and/or designated clinical programs in the delivery of care through activities such as:
3. Provides leadership to nurses and other members of the interdisciplinary team in identifying learning needs of patients/residents and staff and to determine priorities for educational programs through activities such as:
4. Supports nursing research and health services research to promote clinical knowledge development and research based clinical practice through activities such as:
5. Supports nurses in their practice across Fraser Health (FH) in their specialty area of practice requested through activities such as:
6. Collaborates with stakeholders in the redesign of systems and processes to enhance client/population outcomes related to their practice within the framework of the organizational strategic plan:
7. Provides professional expertise to health care professionals external to the organization on matters related to nursing practice including clinical, research and educational activities.
Education and Experience
Master's degree in Nursing. (Other graduate degrees may be considered depending on area of specialty).
Five (5) years' recent related nursing experience with three (3) years' recent, related experience in a clinical area relevant to the area of speciality. Same practice qualifications as a staff nurse in the area required.
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
Software Powered by iCIMS