Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited University. Two years' recent experience working with psychiatric clients in an acute or community psychiatric setting. Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists - British Columbia (CAOT - BC).
Valid B.C. Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business use.Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of current psychiatric (psychosocial) rehabilitation and recovery practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the major categories of mental illness and their appropriate treatments.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize the analysis and application of activities related to occupational performance.
- Ability to utilize outcome measurement tools.
- Demonstrated leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment in a community setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families and other members of the health care team and community agencies.
- Ability to work effectively with others as well as independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise sound judgment in professional practice.
- Ability to operate related equipment.