Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to utilise your skills as a Community Occupational Therapist based out of Burnaby, BC.
In this position you will:
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide direct and indirect specialized occupational therapy services to clients using recognized occupational therapy tools and techniques.
- Engage with individual clients and support systems as full collaborators in service planning, delivery, and evaluation.
- Develops partnerships with community agencies to encourage client participation and focus on occupational performance (person-occupation-environment) from a psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) perspective for mental health program clients.
- Provide input into the evaluation of process and outcomes to ensure quality of services.
- Acts as a consultant/resource regarding psychosocial rehabilitation to community agencies and services funded by Mental Health Services to provide rehabilitation, and to those that provide education, training, employment services and recreation services to Mental Health consumers.
To join this team will have:
- Graduated from an approved school of Occupational Therapy.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC.
- Two (2) years' recent related experience working in a community mental health setting.
- Valid B.C. Class V Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Come work with dedicated professionals who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work!
Curious to find out what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.