Are you looking for a place to showcase your clinical nursing expertise?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist based out of Abbotsford, BC. This role will be focused on Clinical Programs & Operations. While developing best practices, you will also support the clinical integration, and develop specialized clinical work flows and process.
Practice in a place where excellence, innovation and learning are valued, and people truly matter. Reporting to the Executive Director, Clinical Operations you will provide leadership using a system approach to planning, developing and ongoing quality improvement of clinical supports and services for the program. To complement the team we are seeking a CNS with clinical knowledge, experience and passion.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) supports expert nursing care to patients/residents/clients/families and functions as a clinical leader in a particular specialty area within a designated health service area, regional network and/or designated clinical program as determined/assigned by the Executive Director, Clinical Operations. Provides leadership and focuses on improving client outcomes and quality of care by advancing nursing practice in the area of specialty and through the use of advanced practice and evidence-based practices; provides professional oversight and guidance to clinical nurse educators (CNE) and clinical resource nurses (CRN) related to educational priorities and participates in the evaluation of clinical performance.
1. Exemplifies and promotes excellence in nursing practice in a specialty area through activities such as:
2. Provides consultation to primary care providers, community groups and other service providers in the area of specialty; works collaboratively with Directors, managers, educators and other staff within the designated health services area, regional network and/or designated clinical programs in the delivery of care through activities such as:
3. Provides leadership to nurses and other members of the interdisciplinary team in identifying learning needs of patients/residents and staff and to determine priorities for educational programs through activities such as:
4. Supports nursing research and health services research to promote clinical knowledge development and research based clinical practice through activities such as:
5. Supports nurses in their practice across Fraser Health (FH) in their specialty area of practice requested through activities such as:
6. Collaborates with stakeholders in the redesign of systems and processes to enhance client/population outcomes related to their practice within the framework of the organizational strategic plan:
7. Provides professional expertise to health care professionals external to the organization on matters related to nursing practice including clinical, research and educational activities.
Master's degree in Nursing. (Other graduate degrees may be considered depending on area of specialty).
Five (5) years' recent related nursing experience with three (3) years' recent, related experience in a clinical area relevant to the area of speciality. Same practice qualifications as a staff nurse in the area required.
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.